macProVideo.com
Forums
  • in progress nick
    esx24.... a question from a beginner
    hello, i'm Nick & i'm a new user of logic pro 8, i found answears to some of my questions by watching ur tutorials (especially level 101) & one big question is still unansweared: how can do to create my own instrument with the esx24 just by adding an audio file that represents a note (for exemple a C2)? i'm asking that because i bought a sample cd & i found inclosed some synths but it's only one note...so i hope to play soon the other ones. thank you in advance & please continue to create such tutorials that helps a lot people like me that are based in countries in which logic has not school lessons or good users to explain me basic things. have a great day Nick
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: esx24.... a question from a beginner
    Hi Nick, Welcome to MacProVideo forums! To create your own exs24 instrument: 1. Open the EXS24 plug-in on a software instrument track and click on the *edit* button above the level and volume controls on the top right of the EXS24. 2. The Instrument Editor appears. Either: a). Drag your audio file from a finder window onto the C2 or... b). In the Editor choose Zone > New Zone and under *Audio File* select *Load Audio sample*. The sample is not assigned to C2. If you want to have the sample assigned to multiple keys position your cursor over the edge of the little box above the keyboard. Your mouse cursor should turn into the resize tool. Drag to resize the zone. By doing this, however, your audio sample will change in pitch when triggered by keys other than the C2. If you wish the pitch to remain the same Under the Playback column deselect *pitch*. Let us know if you have any other questions, Rounik
  • in progress nick
    i think it's what i did.... i choosed edit & choosed the audio file from my arragement window, then i had to choose 3 different options. i selected the last one (with zones in the sentence) & i was only able to listen to my audio when i was playin on the keyboard, no other notes were created. i'll try to do just like u explained me & i'll let u know! i can't wait to have it working cos it would keep me spending some money on instruments & so on. by the way i'd like to thank you rounik, u recommended me the tutorials of this site & it helped me so much, thank you again (it was on the logic pro help forum).
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Nick, Thanks for your kind words :-) The EXS24 is very powerful. Once you get used to bringing in your own samples (and saving your exs24 instrument!) you'll have lots of fun. The ability to stretch a sample across more than one note on the keyboard is very useful too! Let me know how you get on. Best Rounik
  • in progress nick
    thanks rounik, i'm a very stupid guy, i bought level 101, 202, 203, 204, 303, 404 + plugins unplugged & i never keep my attention to the tutorial videos of the exs24.......shit!!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes. Logic 102: The EXS24: Inside & Out: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/exs24[/url] It does focus on the EXS24 from Logic 7, not Logic 8 yet. Check out the preview videos to see if the interface difference in the instrument editor would be ok for you. It's one of the only videos I haven't watched yet, but everything Steve Horlick teaches is amazing! Cheers Rounik
  • in progress nick
    thank you rounik, i finally success to create my own instrument just by adding a small note..... i'm so happy!!!! i may know what i did wrong last time: i think i asked the exs to create only one or two notes that are link the audio files, i didn't ask him to reproduce the other notes maybe because i added the audio files from my audio track..... so thank you very much for ur help Nick
  • Rounik Admin
    cool! Enjoy the EXS24 and of course pop back if you ever have any questions! Thanks Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] It's one of the only videos I haven't watched yet, but everything Steve Horelick teaches is amazing! Cheers Rounik [/quote] The EXS24 is by David Dvorin not by Steve Horelick... but it's amazing anyway!
  • Rounik Admin
    oops :-/ I must see it sometime!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: