macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Audio AL
    Surround Mix in Logic
    Hi Has anyone ever bounced a 5.1 surround mix in Logic 8? If so, do you know which format I should choose to bounce to so that I can deliver this to the video editor formatter(he is not sure either!). Many thanks, Alan.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Surround Mix in Logic
    Hi Alan, Welcome to the forums! If you're creating a 5.1 mix 1.make sure your channel strips output is set to *surround* and position the parts where you would like them to be. 2. go to File > Bounce... 3. Select either aiff or wav files 4. the sample rate should match your projects sample rate - though often 48khz is used for video - the video editor should know which is prefered. 5. Select the File Type as *Split*. This way you will get 6 different audio files when you bounce to represent the 5.1 surround format, e.g.: Surround.C Surround.L Surround.LFE Surround.Ls Surround.R Surround.Rs 6. Before bouncing make sure that Surround Bounce is ticked. Thanks, Rounik
  • steveH
    Also, it's a good idea to place a Low Pass filter on the LFE output channel to remove any unwanted high frequencies that could muddy up the sub woofer channel and interfere with home dolby systems. You can accomplish this most accurately with the channel eq. Create a very sharp high frequency cutoff starting between 80-120 hz. A slope 48dB/oct will do the trick!
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice tip Steve! Look forward to trying this out when i get round to mixing in 5.1 BTW, thanks for the April TNT's - really great - the first video helped me forget about my toothache ;-)
  • jd316
    ive been working with surround sound for a uni project of mine. ive got as far as bouncing it out of logic, converting it to ac3 in compressor but i'm having problems attaching it to video. i have been trying to attach the ac3 to the video in both final cut pro and adobe premiere but it doesnt seem to play back. if i play the audio on its own in VLC it plays back fine, any ideas?
  • Hizegau
    You need to convert your video to mpeg-2 and then combine it with the ac3 file in DVD Studio Pro to integrate the two as a DVD video.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: