macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mkr
    Monitor Mix management
    Hi - I'm new to Logic (and DAWs) and just bought and watched the Logic 8 101 tutorial rather than read that massive manual. Can anyone provide any direction on the best way to set up a monitor mix or mixes so that, for example, I could record vocals with certain rhythm tracks lower and panned less aggressively, then immediately go back to my working mix of volumes and pans for playback? I want to avoid manually restoring settings after each record pass. Maybe I missed this in the tutorial! Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Monitor Mix management
    Hi mkr, Welcome to the MacProVideo forums! There are a few ways to do this in Logic. I'd 1. go to the Mixer window and select all the channels (rhythm track). 2. On one of the Channel strips send to an unused bus (e.g. Bus 10) and set the send level as desired. All the selected channel strips should now be sending to Bus 10. 3. On one of the Channel strips Click on the Output 1-2 in the I/O section and select [i]No Output[/i] 4. Make sure the Aux 1 in your Mixer, (which is being fed the audio signal from Bus 10) is set to your main Output and adjust the level as desired and record your vocals. You can also send to more than one Bus, thus creating different sub-mixes. Just remember to mute or select [i]No output[/i] on the Aux's that you don't need! To disable a send Option click on it. ---- Another way which is simpler but less flexible: 1. In the Mixer select the desired rhythm channel strips. 2. In the I/O section assign them to a Bus of your choice e.g. Bus 10. 3. A new Aux track fed by Bus 10 is created. 4. After you've finished recording, select the channel strips and revert back to Output 1-2. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: