macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Soxutuu
    Logic Studio Pro on a dual 2ghrz G5 running tiger
    Ok Steve, I finally gave in and ordered logic studio pro...mostly I must say because of your tips and tricks. I will be running it on a dual 2ghrz g5 with 3 gigs of ram and the tiger operating system ( i need to keep this configuration for my day job). I've been scanning the web and reading somewhat scary stories. I'm hoping for some reassurance and any advise you might have. Specifically can I keep Logic 7.2 on the same machine and run either app depending on..... Thanks, Geoff
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Studio Pro on a dual 2ghrz G5 running tiger
    Hi Geoff, Welcome to the forums! You can run Logic 8 and Logic 7 on the same machine should you wish to. Your setup sounds like it should work fine with Logic 8. I've done this a few times - but am running Logic 7 less and less now! All your Logic 7 songs can be read by Logic 8. I have two main partitions in studio. The main one is using Tiger and the secondary is using Leopard. Both are running fine for me - but Tiger is still my main system as it's slightly more stable for me and hey, I'm a slow adopter! As regard to the scary stories - I've read a few as well - but haven't suffered anything similar. Remember there are many users who are happy and have trouble free experiences with Logic who don't post their experiences in forums!!! ;-) One thing to remember is to backup your current system! Then make copies of your channel strip settings and plug-in settings from Logic 7. Keep a copy of your key commands too, and you should be up and running as soon as you've installed the massive content for Logic studio! Let us know if you have any other questions or need more reassurance ;-) Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] All your Logic 7 songs can be read by Logic 8. I have two main partitions in studio. The main one is using Tiger and the secondary is using Leopard. Both are running fine for me - but Tiger is still my main system as it's slightly more stable for me and hey, I'm a slow adopter![/quote] One thing to remember is that once a song is saved in Logic 8, you won't be able to open it anymore in Logic 7. I have both version of Logic installed, but I rarely use Logic7 anymore. Happy upgrade!
  • Soxutuu
    Thanks to both respond e's. I installed logic 8 without a hiccup. I hope to be a more valuable member of this forum in the future. I really appreciate both of your thoughtful and gracious responces. Thanks much, Geoff
  • Christian L
    Thanks for posting back! Comeback whenever you want! macProVideo.com is a friendly place! Have fun with Logic 8!
  • steveH
    Welcome! gee... Somehow I missed your post... Thanks guys for covering me! You guys rock!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: