macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Lost recording..help
    Hi I was recording for quite awhile and hadn't been saving and Logic unexpectedly quit..is there possibly any way to retrieve the files?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Lost recording..help
    Oops! Check in the project folder - are there any audio files in the audio sub folder? There should be. You can check in the project file backups sub folder for your last saved Logic file. Let us know if you find it ok. Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Yea looks like its a goner. I checked the backup files and there wasn't anything. It just sucks because I spent so much time on it and logic just shuts down without recovering any of the project. However it is my fault for not saving every step... lesson learned, I'll just record everything again. Maybe i'll get a better performance this time ha.
  • AbbeyRhodes
    The audio files should still be there. When you save a file in Logic, it's really only saving the sequence data. All of the audio files are recorded and written to your hard drive the moment you record them. Even if you quit Logic without saving, these files should still remain in the "audio files" folder which is in the project folder.
  • Rounik Admin
    yes, I agree with Fusili. I just double checked this (albeit without crashing Logic but not saving after recording) and the audio file, as it should be, was residing in the audio files folder of my project folder. Alex, did you save your project at all? Or do you have a different record path? When recording audio Logic will try and make you save first before recording arming an audio track. go to: File > Project Settings > Recording... to check whether you have a specific recording path. otherwise it will be in your project folder > Audio Files. Rounik
  • Mobajii
    OK I looked in my audio files folder and I see files but they are transparent..I'm not sure if those are the ones but possibly. I'm not sure what to do from there. I know my recording path just goes to my external drive. Don't know if this helps but when Logic crashed, it asked me if I wanted to reopen and I clicked yes but then it opened with a blank arrange window and one audio track without audio. Also is it possible I might retrieve the midi software instruments I arranged? Really appreciate the help so far Alex
  • Mobajii
    Nevermind I opened those files and they're not the ones. I've checked the project backup files and the audio files and there is nothing there. I keep on hoping just maybe :(
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: