macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Ultrabeat transfer?
    Hi, I was wondering if there is a way once a beat has been compliled on ultrabeat you can then take each individual sound from the beat and put it on its own track in logic? cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat transfer?
    Hi Tom, Drag the pattern into the arrange. Go to Local menu: Region > Split/Demix > Demix by note pitch. Is that what you want to have? If you want to route the signal of say the kick, snare, hats etc onto separate aux channels that you can then place effects etc on, do check out the Ultrabeat unleashed tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/ultrabeat[/url] Or, open a multi-output Ultrabeat. In the voice assign (where it says Main) click and change the kick to 3-4 and the snare to 5-6 etc. Open the Mixer window. At the bottom right of the UB channel strip click on the + button to create new aux tracks assigned to inputs from UB. Now, the kick will be assigned to Aux 1, snare to Aux 2 etc. You can change I/O of each aux track to be the input of the voice output from UB as desired. Cheers Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Ta for that Rounik, Yeah I am looking to put each hit on an individual track. I actually just watched Steve's custom Hyper editor where he explains setting up drum loops which was top. Got that working. I have'nt watched the ultrabeat tutorial yet, is it better to use ultrabeat so I can send the aux's or can i still assign just using the hyper editor?
  • the dim(e)
    Hi again, got the ultrabeat method working you suggested, how do I do the same for the exs24? i opened up the multi channel but unsure how to assign to the aux's cheers Tom
  • Christian L
    Hi the dim(e). Here's how : 1- Open up the Multi Output version of the EXS24 and click on the "edit" button of the plugin interface. 2- A new window will open. Go to Instrument > Save as... and give the patch a new name. 3- Under Routing in the Output section, you can specify the aux you want (3-4, 5-6, 7-8, etc). 4-In the mixer, click on the "+" in the channel strip and it will create a new Aux.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:39187]I have'nt watched the ultrabeat tutorial yet, is it better to use ultrabeat so I can send the aux's or can i still assign just using the hyper editor?[/quote] You can use both. They both achieve different things. If you want to edit hits of a drum kit then using the Hyper Editor is really useful, as you can create your own hypersets. Essentially this will allow you to edit the kick, snare, hats etc patterns on different lanes while still being within the same region. The Aux routing will enable you to place different effects for different hits, e.g. reverb on the snare but not on the kick. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: