macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rover2G
    Help creating a custom template with groove templates.
    I have some groove templates that I downloaded that mimic the Akai MPC quantization and ASR-10 quantization. They rule. I would like to create a user template that automatically loads these into the quantization menu. I would then possibly like to hide the midi files being used for the groove templates and just have 4 clean new audio tracks and 4 new clean software instrument tracks. Does anyone have a smart way to achieve this?
  • Christian L
    Re: Help creating a custom template with groove templates.
    Hi Rover2G, Here's a way to do this. 1- Load up your user template. Set it up the way you want (4 audio and 4 software instrument tracks). 2- Import the MIDI region you want to a tracks. If they are in another project, load up your new project and don't close your main template. Copy paste the regions from one song to the other. 3- Select the regions (if they are in a folder, select the whole folder). 4- Select Options > Groove Templates > Make Groove templates. 5- Delete all unwanted MIDI regions from your project. 6- Select File > Save as Template. Take care!
  • Rover2G
    Thanks Christian. I tried it. However, the groove templates disappear from the list once I delete the midi files that they are based off of. So im guessing that I need to keep those midi files around to keep my groove templates?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rover2G, I haven't tried this for a while, but I'm pretty sure you need to keep the MIDI files in your project. What I did was place them on No output tracks and Hide those tracks, then save your project as a template. Enjoy the groove templates! Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi again, You're absolutely right. The MIDI region needs to be in your project. My fault! Do as Rounik suggested and they will stay in the template. Have a nice weekend guys!
  • Rover2G
    wow thanks guys! thats EXACTLY what i was looking for!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: