macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tyko
    loop audio not found
    hello, So, recently i had to exchange my imac for a new one. once i installed logic i tried to use my loop browser to add a loop to a beat i did. Once i clicked on the specific sound it said "Bass Pad 01.caf - what kind of file is this?" so i had to click on abort. How can i get my computer to read these?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: loop audio not found
    Hi tyko, Can you give us a little more info on your setup please: What version of Logic? Version of OS X? any updates downloaded? Did you install Logic studio completely? What audio interface? Does this happen with other .caf files? Your mac should be able to read .caf files without a problem. Cheers Rounik
  • tyko
    I have Logic Pro 7 of OS X and recently looked for updates and downloaded them. It was completely downloaded not once but twice. this was not a problem with my previous computer which is the exact same one as i have know.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tyko Logic 7 doesn't support .caf audio files/loops. Logic 8 does support them. It sounds like you may have Garageband 4 and it's loops on your system. You've got a few options: 1. Upgrade to Logic 8. 2. Re-install your Logic 7 apple loops content over the Gargeband 08 content. 3. open the caf loop in Garageband and select Share > Export song to disk (with only the apple loop) and re-open it in Logic 7. Then you can convert it into an apple loop from within Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • tyko
    Awesome, i will defiantly try that out! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: