macProVideo.com
Forums
  • benjamin
    external midi device
    Hi, I am now using MacBook Pro and Logic Pro 8. I connect the Mac with JV1080 module and Yamaha TG500 through ESI M8U. Can anyone help me to solve the problem: 1) I just can't make a program change in the Inspector for the JV1080 (I have already used the VariousMultis.Iso from MacProVideo.com), it is simply no reaction! 2)When I solo the software instrument, the external midi tracks still go playing Thanks for your help!
  • Christian L
    Re: external midi device
    Hi Benjamin, I have the exact same synth. Here's some tips to make it work : 1- In the environment, double click the JV-1080 object. Make sure that "Roland JV-1080" is selected under "Bank Message". 2- In the inspector, make sure "Program" is checked. 3- You have 2 numbers. The first is for choosing the Bank and the second is for the patch. It is very easy to miss the first number because by default it is set to "-". Here's how the Bank select works : 0 = User Bank 1 = Preset Bank A 2 = Preset Bank B 3 = Preset Bank C 4 = Preset band D (GM Bank) 5 = Card Bank 6 = Card Bank 7 = Expansion A 8 = Expansion A 9 = Expansion B 10 = Expansion B 11 = Expansion C 12 = Expansion C 13 = Expansion D 14 = Expansion D And external instruments should not play when you solo software instrument track. I hope it helps... If not let me know!
  • benjamin
    Christian, Thank you for your wonderful help. I tried what you told me to do. Yes, I can change the patch now BUT there is still no response for the midi channel 1 of my JV1080 in Performance mode, why? Besides, I put 2 expansion boards (Orchestral and Dance) in my JV1080. I have already pasted all the patch names of the expansion boards in the Environment and set them to Bank 7-10. However, I cannot change it. Had I do anything wrong? Also, when I Open Logic 8, 2 windows appear saying: "Audio file 12-8 Jazzy Drumset 09.aif not found" and "Audio file Club Dance Beat 002.aif not found". Can you please tell me why?
  • Christian L
    Hi again, 1- Is it a user Performance or a preset ? This could be a setup on your JV-1080 performance. I don't know how much you're familiar with the JV programming, but here's a tip. Make sure that you see "part=1" on your JV-1080 display. (You can go from one part to another using the right and left arrows). Click on the parameter button. Click on button 3 (control / MIDI). Set Channel to "1". (If you don't see The Channel parameter, click on the upper arrow). If it is set to another channel, Midi transmitted on this channel would control part 1. This could be a solution, let me know if it works or not. 2-What do you mean you cannot change the Expansion ? Do you mean that it is impossible to select patches on your EXP boards ? 3-It is normal that you see this when you open the "Various Multis" because it was saved with these audio files. You really don't need to worry about this. However, if you see this also when you open Logic, it is becaused you saved the "Various Multis" project as your main template. Tell me if it helps or not.
  • benjamin
    Christian, Thank you for your response. For the 'Performance' problem, I used user performance and I did turn the part 1 to channel 1. However, the channel 1 is still take no action when I changed the patch. Besides, it is funny to see that somethimes the patches of other parts can be changed but sometimes don't. Yes, I mean I could not changed the patches of the EXP boards. Can you help me again? Moreover, sometimes when I open LP8, a window for registration appears. I honestly tell you that I have registered before. So, why? Anyway, thanks again for your advice.
  • Christian L
    Hi again, Is the "program" checkbox ticked in the inspector? If it is not, Logic won't send any program change. You can find a JV-1080 with Orchestral / Dance EXP Multi-Instr in the environment of this project I did for you. Just copy it in your main template environment. [url]http://download.yousendit.com/F68D403335C70568[/url] As for the registration, maybe try to register again ?
  • benjamin
    Christian, Thanks for your reply. The "program" has already been turned on. However, I can't change it. I know it may be a minor problem compared with others. It would be grateful if you can help me to solve the problem. Thank you for your patience and your file.
  • Christian L
    Hi Benjamin, Could you send me your template or project via [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] ? I'll check it out when I got a minute. Cheers!
  • benjamin
    Christian, I am sorry to tell you that I can't upload the LP8 file to you via the web-site. I just can't choose the file cos the file is in grey. What should I do? By the way, if your receive the file, please be noted that 1)the JV1080 track still plays when I soloed the other software instrument(s) 2)sometimes the program asks me to register. I just tried to register again as you told me. But the only option for me is 'register later' It would be grateful if you can also help me to 'crack' these problems. Thank you for your replies so far!! Good day!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Benjamin, You need to zip your Logic project folder first before sending it. Alternatively you can create a disk image of it using Disk Utility found in HD/Applications/Utilities If you need any help doing that let us know. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: