macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    sampling sounds..bouncing question
    Im recording in sounds so I can sample them and step sequence it with ultrabeat but I can't seem to bounce the audio region correctly. I put the end locator at the end of the region but it will not stay there..it bounces back a couple of measures. I guess the real question is how do I set these locators properly and if there are any shortcuts?
  • Mobajii
    Re: sampling sounds..bouncing question
    I think I figured out the best way is to just set the green locators; this seems to work quickly. Another question... now I have these AIF files but I can't seem to import the sounds into the banks of Ultrabeat. I know I'm supposed to go to the import button but it's not letting me select my files. Any help would be really appreciated thanks. Alex
  • Christian L
    Hi, A good place to start is the "Drag & Drop Samples" preset. Just drag and drop your audio files in the area below "No Sample Loaded" in OSC 2. Or click the pointing down arrow, select "Load Sample" and navigate to your audio file.
  • Mobajii
    This is great thanks for the tip. So far it's working but not all of my samples are playing. The wave form shows in Osc 2 but the sample doesn't trigger. The duration of some of these samples shows 0 seconds but it bounced right..I'm confused. Alot of these samples are short but I don't know what I am doing wrong.
  • Christian L
    Ok. Would you mind posting one of the sample that doesn't work on the forum using [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] ? This way I could check if something is wrong.
  • Mobajii
    Hmm I got some of those samples to work when I shut down ultrabeat and reopened it. What was happening though was the samples would not play if I hit the play button in the osc 2 sample window but if I make a pattern it plays. I also cant trigger it with my keyboard. Keep in mind, I'm a newb at Ultrabeat and I haven't had the money to dl the tutorial but I will soon. It's probably user error.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: