macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Fovanoe
    logic recording
    hi i am recording into logic and when i hit the record button in the track region the only sound i get is static fuzz and no voice of the sound i record.....the fuzz is so loud that it peaks on the channel strip.... i check everything i know like the inputs the prefrences........ Dose any one have an idea what i am doing wrong with my recording.....Also i know it records i used it a month ago with no problems... i think i might have rest something with out even knowing it while i was working threw the videos..
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: logic recording
    Hi Recording & welcome to the forums! It sounds like it could be one of many things. Can you tell us more about your setup, your interface, microphone, version of Logic, etc. If you are using the built-in microphone then makes sure you wear headphones if your built-in speakers are loud as this can cause feedback. Also, check your cables - more often than not static can be due to faulty cables or connectors. Cheers Rounik
  • Fovanoe
    Hi Rounik Thank you for responding Setup is a Mbox to Logic 7.2 and the microphone is external it is a Audio tech that hooks up to the back of the mbox... Cables i think it might be that but when i.. disconncet the mic from the mbox i still get that static with headphones on, when i re hit the record button.. cable or no cable that fuzz static is still peaking in the channel strip...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Try disconnecting your m-box (after you quit Logic), restarting and then trying again. Go to Logic Pro > Preferences [Audio] and turn off software monitoring. Check that your I/O Buffer size if quite high - like more than 64 or 128 - at least 256. If that doesn't work, make sure you have no effects plug-ins on your output channel or other channels (bypass them by Option clicking on them) and try recording again. Have you got a different firewire cable to try for your mbox to mac? Have you got the latest drivers for your mbox? Could anything have happened to damage your mbox? Electricity surge, etc? Can you record ok when you select built-in microphone and record in Logic? Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, If possible, try on a different computer to see if you have the same problem.
  • Fovanoe
    hi i tried the built in mic and it works ...and i did the upgrade for my mbox and it works for everything but the recording..... i tried new cables... i am guessing it might me the mbox...??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi if you can try the following that may help to figure out what is the weak link in the chain: 1. A different audio interface on your mac. 2. Your mbox on a different mac/computer. I have heard of mbox troubles in the past, so it might also be worth contacting maudio or the dealer you bought it from to request a replacement (if it's still under warranty). Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Fovanoe
    hi thanks for the fast responce i will try that.... will you recomanded me some good reliable sound cards that work great with macs and mostly will be used for logic thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi What mac have you got? Also what's your budget? I have a Presonus Firebox, which is great for my needs for now. Other good interfaces include Focusrite Saffire, RME 400, Motu Ultralite (!), Apogee Ensemble. The more you pay, the more pristine the quality of your recordings.... but again, other factors like the preamps, your mic, room you are recording in etc etc can be just as important! Cheers Rounik
  • Fovanoe
    hi i have a version 10.4.10 a 2ghz intel core 2 duo 2gb ram.... budget is around 2 to 500.... i am also wondering i have a audio technica mic ran me around me 135.....now if i spend 500 on a mic will i notice that much of a diffrence for the money..?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: