macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    Surround mixing and Binaural
    hello, i'm trying to use the surround mixing function of logic and have a few questions: 1. under the output options, there are both Surround and Binaural, are they different things or the things under same category? in logic's manual, the binaural is also introduced under the surround mixing section. 2. one of steve's TNT tutorials introduced the binaural plug-in which creates more space for mixing, is that the idea of surrounding? i have a pair of near-field monitors and a 002 interface, is that enough for a surround mix? i will appreciate any enlightenment on my confusions, it will help me start using this great feature of logic. many thanks! cx
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Surround mixing and Binaural
    Hi cx 1. AFAIK the binaural mixer allows you to position a sound within a 3D esque field when your output will be stereo. (Binaural relates to two ears - stereo...). This doesn't work with a surround output. 2. Mixing in surround, if you are using surround 5.1, requires more than 2 speakers to be able to simulate the 6 outputs. You can find out more about surround sound here: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound#5.1_Channel_Surround_.283-2_Stereo.29.28digital_discrete:_Dolby_Digital.2C_DTS.2C_SDDS.29[/url] I don't mix in surround, but my understanding is you require 2 speakers in the front (left and right), two at the rear and one sub woofer in the front centre. I think the 002 should be ok if it has that many outputs, but again, I haven't yet gone the surround route. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Rasydye
    Re: Surround mixing and Binaural
    thanks for your kind help, Rounik. it's pretty clear now. best cx
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: