macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mentlblur
    mixing sample rates/bit depth
    I wish to know what my best possible route of actions should be. I record a vocal track and bass track at 24 bit/96Khz. I use an apple loop in an audio track at 16 bit/44.1Khz. Would I still use Dithering durning a bounce? Or would it be better to use MIDI for loops to bounce at the 24/96 rates? I am going to bounce backing tracks and send them to a digital mixer that uses 24/96 rates, so I want to avoid as much signal loss/sound distortion as possible. And then after all that.... I run the "bounced" track from Itunes into mainstage. Will I still have to set Mainstage to the 96Khz rate? Does I tunes play it at a different rate?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: mixing sample rates/bit depth
    Hi Mentlblur That's a good question. Out of interest why are you using 96khz as your sample rate? I wouldn't dither if you're using 16bit and 24bit audio files in a 24bit project unless you're bouncing for use on a 16bit medium (like CD). Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, I suggest you to use dithering only when you will bounce from 24 bits to the final 16 bits audio file. It is always best to dither an audio signal only once. Christian
  • Mentlblur
    I am using 96000 because I want to have the best sound possible. I am doing a very unconventional method for recording and playing live. With only having 2 in the band, I just wish to have all the backing tracks sound as clear as possible when playing back into the PA for our performance. I really love all the Apple Loops and have some great mood setters from the FX sections. I want these to sound as close to analog as possible to mix with the live bass and live vocals. I have found that making anything MIDI will sound better on the export no matter what the sample rate/bit depth is set to.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: