macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    ultrabeat
    hi i was working in ultrabeat and i modified the kit to what i wanted, but i couldn't figure out how to save these settings, so that when i open my project again all the same drums and precussions are the as selected by me. help please Abhi
  • Logic Ninja
    Re: ultrabeat
    i figured out the answer to my question above but i have another question for u. i was unable to drag any of the apple loops into my ultrabeat load sample section. I don't know what the problem is. Please help thnx. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    what method are you using to drag apple loops to the sample window in Ultrabeat?
  • Logic Ninja
    i click and hold the sample and try to drop it in the sample box. Just like Steve Horlick did in his tutorials.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Abhi, If you drag an aiff file apple loop into Ultrabeat - no problem. However, if you try dragging a .caf apple loop into Ultrabeat AFAIK it's not yet supported and doesn't import. Is this what's happening for you? If so, here's a workaround: 1. Find the .caf apple loop you like. Drag it into the Arrange in Logic. 2. Control-click it and select "Convert to new audio file(s)" from the contextual menu. Make sure you don't choose to save it as a .caf file! 3. Save it to a new folder. 4. Open that folder in the Finder and drag the loop into Ultrabeat. It's a quicker process than it sounds. Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Hi Rounik, thanks for ur help. after i converted the file to aiff format it worked out. Are all the apple loops in .caf format? do i have to convert all these files if i want to use them or is their an easier way? Another question, after i modify my ultrabeat i save its settings, but for some reason the instruments that were previously selected don't stay their, but settings remain the same. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Abhi, I believe all the apple loops that now ship with Logic are in .caf format. I still have some aiff apple loops on my system from an older Garageband installation. You can check by going here in a Finder window: HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops RE: Saving settings: This appears to be a bug. It's been well documented by many users so I'm hopeful Apple will fix it in the next update. Try opening a Multi-Ultrabeat and saving your settings and then re-opening. Does that help? Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: