macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Felorio
    Ultrabeat Faders, where to grab??
    Hi There seems to be only a microscopic spot on the blue fader in Ultrabeat's mixer section that you can grab to raise or lower the volume. And that spot is never in the same place twice! I've spent minutes just trying to tweak the vol. of a voice with those faders which is very frustrating. What's up with that? Is it me, or is it a Logic glitch, or what? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ultrabeat Faders, where to grab??
    Hi Cuzcutz If you position the mouse cursor over the top or bottom right edge it works ok. I agree it can be a bit tricky at times to alter volume levels in Ultrabeat. You just need to grab it right! To be honest, i tend to use multi-instrument Ultrabeats so much that I alter volume levels more in their related Aux channels. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, On my Mac I can change the volume of a voice just by click-draging anywhere on the blue volume slider. Very easy! I'm on G5... maybe it's different on an Intel Mac ?
  • Felorio
    [quote:7638]Hi Cuzcutz If you position the mouse cursor over the top or bottom right edge it works ok. I agree it can be a bit tricky at times to alter volume levels in Ultrabeat. You just need to grab it right! [/quote] I have tried every pixel... top right, bottom right, over the sound name, under the sound name, the middle of the bar, & every pixel in between, and it's worked at one time or another in most of those places, but it's still a crap shoot! What gives? (BTW I like to use the Multi version with auxes as well but when I'm working iN Ultrabeat I like to do 'Quick' mixes using those "convenient" faders) Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi guys, My bad - I'm still living with the Logic 7 version of Ultrabeat where this used to be really tricky...on an intel mac, Logic 8.0.1 you can drag the volume slider from practically anywhere as Christian says. CuzCutz What version of Logic are you using? Also I noticed, holding down on the bar and dragging moves it. quickly dragging on the bar moves the volume slider more smoothly than I remember. Does this work for you? Rounik
  • Felorio
    I have Logic 8.0.1 and since your last reply i tried it about 25 times (slow & fast) and it only worked once. I couldn't get to work (after about 10 more attempts) again. What could it be?? hmm... weird!
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... maybe it's a technique... cos' I used to have problems with it all the time, and then suddenly the slider and I became friends! What OS X version are you on?
  • Felorio
    I'm using Mac OX 10.4.11. Is there some other technique besides click & hold then drag? Because that technique works for me in every other aspect of Logic (where applicable). Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey CuzCutz, It's best not to click...hold...then drag. That just never works reliably,.... but to position your mouse cursor over the blue bar and quickly drag. Also, you could click the bar and try using the scroll wheel on your mouse/trackpad. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: