macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gsansone
    Can't Record With Fast Track USB
    CPU: iMac 2.8 Ghz, 24" Intel Core Duo Latest OS Updated Fast Track USB driver I have tried Apple support with no luck, but I am unable to record voice or instruments using FastTrack USB -- or even the direct input. Can't record in GarageBand or Logic Express 8. Apple sent me to this forum. We know that FastTrack USB IS working OK. I can playback and hear tracks through the FastTrack interface, but I cannot record. I was told it's a BUS issue, but that really doesn't help me any. Where do I begin? We've done all the basics with no luck. All recordings are flatline....nothing. Nothing recorded. Can anyone help?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can't Record With Fast Track USB
    Hi gsansone Welcome to the macprovideo forums! 1. I appreciate you must have done this a few times before, but could you outline the steps you take when trying to record into Logic? 2. Are you trying to record using a microphone or a guitar/line in? 3. Have you selected the FastTrack in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Device] menu? 4. Are you using Audio tracks and record enabling them first before recording? 5. After record enabling an audio track, can you hear the input from the mic/line-in? 6. Have you got Logic 8.0.1? 7. Have you tried recording using your mac's built-in microphone or line-in? Choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio and select it from the device list. Who told you it's a bus issue? Do get back to us, hopefully we can troubleshoot this one! Best Rounik
  • gsansone
    1. I appreciate you must have done this a few times before, but could you outline the steps you take when trying to record into Logic? I selected FastTrack as the CPU's input/output in control panel. I selected FastTrack in Logic's audio prefs. I create a new audio track, enable recording, the track seems live, but no sound is being detected. I have plugged a guitar directly into the built-in line in jack with the same result (selecting built-in line across the board). 2. Are you trying to record using a microphone or a guitar/line in? Yes. I have tried both with no luck. 3. Have you selected the FastTrack in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Device] menu? Yes. 4. Are you using Audio tracks and record enabling them first before recording? Yes. 5. After record enabling an audio track, can you hear the input from the mic/line-in? No. 6. Have you got Logic 8.0.1? Yes. 7. Have you tried recording using your mac's built-in microphone or line-in? Yes. I get nothing with that connection either. Choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio and select it from the device list. Who told you it's a bus issue? Apple support.
  • Christian L
    Hi, Here's a few other suggestions... 1-Make sure that the correct input is selected in Logic under the "I/O" section of the channel strip or under "input" in the "New Track" dialog. 2- Turn the input up on the your audio interface. Are you getting a signal on the Fast Track Signal LED ? 3-Make sure the "Input Level Switch" is set to the correct position (GUITAR for instrument level). 4-Plug headphones on your Fast Track and turn the Mix knob midway. Are you able to hear your instrument input ?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: