macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Liwoxay
    Copying patterns in Ultrabeat
    Hi Gang - I've searched and can't seem to find an answer. Is there a way to copy a pattern from one ultrabeat instrument and paste it to another ultrabeat pattern page? It is so frustrating trying to build pattern progressions using the patten set dropdown menu in the lower left corner. For example, copying a hi hat pattern in pattern 1 (C-1) sq to 2 (C#-1) sq. The copy pattern and sequence doesn't work. Any ideas? You will be a huge help! Thanks, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Copying patterns in Ultrabeat
    Hi Alex If you want to copy one voice's pattern to another voice in a different sequence as you described do this: 1. On (C-1) Kick, in full view mode ctrl click on the lane and select "copy". 2. Select (C#-1) and Control click on the kick (or any other voice's) lane and select "paste". Cheers Rounik
  • Liwoxay
    Hi Rounik: Thank you so much for your tip. Unfortunately, the pattern just migrates from one pattern to another, and I wanted to duplicate it so it would be present on both (C-1) and (C#-1). Is that possible? Thanks again for your help. Cheers, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alex It works for me (copies the voice's pattern to other voice's on the same sequence or different sequences). What version of Logic & OS X are you running? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    It should work... Are you sure you are in "Full View" ? Are you sur you are control-clicking and pasting on the lane ?
  • Liwoxay
    Hi guys - thanks for the help. No, can't get it to work. I control click in the lane and press copy in my pattern 6(F-1) I then switch my pattern to 7 (F#-1), control click then paste in the lane, and nothing happens. I've tried it using the copy and paste buttons in the upper right hand part of ultrabeat as well. I'm running OSX 10.4.11 and Logic Pro 8.0.1. Very strange. Thanks again for helping me out. What could I be doing wrong? Cheers, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, Everything you're doing works for me here on my system. Try starting a new empty project and trying this. I'm on 10.4.10 and 8.0.1. What mac are you using? Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, OK. I've just found some issues copying and pasting patterns in Ultrabeat on my system. Namely, on a stereo instance of Ultrabeat. I don't get any of these issues on a Multi Ultrabeat. What about you? Mostly copying and pasting works on a stereo instance of Ultrabeat, but this is what happens when it doesn't work: 1. Ctrl-click in voice lane. select copy. 2. Ctrl-click in any other voice lane ni same sequence click paste. 3. Nothing is copied but an Sq appears next to the voices number. 4. Clicking on the voice name makes the sq disappear. no pattern copied. I don't have any problems using the Multi-output UB. Cheers Rounik
  • Liwoxay
    ARGH! I tried it with a new project and it works with the default kit. Then I load my saved kit. No go. It just erases the lane in the new sequence and the "sq" vanishes. Why would it work for some and not others?!!? Thanks again for trying to help me. There must be an answer...I'll keep slugging away. Of course, I could've just copied the pattern a hundred times by hand at this point... Cheers, Alex
  • Liwoxay
    OK - so if you copy a pattern that's already somewhere else in the sequence, it will work, but it won't work for sequences not found in that pattern, hence the erasing of the lane when you try to import/copy a new pattern into a new sequence.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: