macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Paul Annis
    Re: Multi-Instrument (Kontakt 2) Set Up with Logic Pro
    Hi guys, I have just been pulling my hair out with this one then found this thread, nice one! I can go to bed happy now... well, as happy as you can be awaiting further spinal surgery and being unemployed! ;o(
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Multi-Instrument (Kontakt 2) Set Up with Logic Pro
    Hi Paul, Glad this thread has helped & best of luck with the spinal surgery! Take care, Rounik
  • Cirokua
    Re: Multi-Instrument (Kontakt 3) Set Up with Logic Pro
    Saw your post AG and I'm having the same problem. There is no point in having this set up if you can only control the automation as one. I tried putting automation (volume) in and recorded a few regions in each channel strip and the result was complete distortion as the automations seemed to be conflicting. Altering automation on one of the midi channels changes the automation on the software instrument.. Is there anyone who knows a way round this.. I've been pursuing this for weeks on other forums and no one can give me a simple answer. I've even tried creating aux channels for each channel strip but that didn't work either. It seems to me that this is a basic requirement to try and get Kontakt to work as a single instance with Logic..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ken Welcome to the forums :) I don't know about Kontakt3 directly, but with any multi you can create Aux tracks, create tracks assigned to each Aux. Route the individual voices/sounds from Kontakt to each Aux and then automate each Aux... Let us know if you need further assistance. Cheers Rounik
  • Cirokua
    hi Rounik, Thank you for your prompt reply.. My problem is that I can load kontakt as a multi-timbral.. I select three instruments, which show up as three instruments in the arrange window. I then add an aux channel in the mixer, which I then transfer to the arrange window. This aux channel automatically controls instrument 2, not 1, and adding another aux channel controls instrument 3. How do I assign the aux channels to the instruments.. thank you in advance.. hope you can help before my blood pressure goes any higher..
  • Paul Annis
    Hi, I have been fiddling with Kontakt3 for a while as I'm pretty new to Logic, well DAW's full stop let alone Kontakt3! What I ended up doing is creating a instrument channel and loading kontakt3 in a 16 stereo out format. I then created 16 midi instrument channels with NO instrument loaded. In the environment I routed the 16 instrument channels to the 1st instrument channel with kontakt3 loaded. From 1-16 I assigned each channel (not the one with Kontakt loaded) a midi channel from 1-16. Load a instrument in kontakt3 and assign it to channel 1, repeat a few times for channels 2,3,4,5 etc ect. Now you have one instance of Kontakt3 running up to 16 interments/etc that each have their own midi channel in logic. Obviously you can route the midi channels to aux & busses and record the audio signals but the outputs in kontakt3 to be a little confusing at first! I hope I got the above right and I hope it's of some help! Paul
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: