macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    batch conversions
    Hi there. Does anyone know if Logic can take a group of files and change them all at once? Examples: ...if I have files created at the wrong bit rate, and need them all one common rate; ...if I have file names that need to be changed to all lower case; ...files without an effect need to be modified - like adding a reverb. Any thoughts?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: batch conversions
    Hi Sammydave, Aha, you wanna batch process audio files? 1. Yes. In the audio bin, select all desired files and choose the local menu: [b]Audio File > Copy/convert file(s)[/b] In the resulting window you can specify the sample rate you'd like the files to be changed to. You can also specify a name change too. 2. I'm not sure about this one. Try using the above method with files that have the same name but are numbered, e.g. Guitar 1, Guitar 2 etc. 3. I don't think so. When Logic becomes scriptable that might make it possible. In the meantime, check out Sound Track Pro as a possibility to batch apply effects. In fact, what I'd do in Logic if I wanted to add the same reverb/effect to lots of small audio files: 1. import the audio in the Audio Bin. 2. Drag them all onto the same track in the Arrange, but leave some space between each region. 3. Apply the effect on the insert of the channel strip. 4. Set the End project anchor and choose: File > Export or File > Bounce... 5. Re-import the resulting audio file, cut it between each audio file and select each region. 6. Ctrl-click on the selected regions and choose: Convert to new audio files (Option - CMD - F). Cheers Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Thanks for those hints. I'm just reading a couple of books on music for games, and this came up in a couple of chapters, and I couldn't find anything in the Logic manual that seemed to address the issues. On to some small games projects!
  • Christian L
    [quote:30232] ...if I have file names that need to be changed to all lower case; Any thoughts?[/quote] Hi, You can do this using the Automator application. 1-Open Automator (in your applications folder) 2-Under Library, select Finder. 3-Drag the "Get Selected Finder Items" in the right panel. 4-Drag the "Rename Finder Items" in the right panel. A warning will appear...select "don't add". 5-Under the 3rd action, change "Add Date or Time" to "Change Case". Leave it to "lowercase". 6-Go to file "Save as Plug In..." save under "Finder" as "Lowercase". Now you can right click (or control-click) any files or folder in the finder and choose "Automator > Lowercase. It will change the file names of all selected files in lowercase.
  • Gorynui
    And thanks for that tip too. I knew Apple would have a way of dealing with it, one way or another...
  • Rounik Admin
    excellent! I hadn't thought of using the automator for changing names to lower case. Checking it out now...Great that you can batch add text or make sequential alterations to files too! Thanks for that Christian - I'll be using this myself! Best Rounik
  • Christian L
    Yes the Automator is very cool for batch processing. I use it all the time for task like this! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: