macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kerosen
    MIDI to audio.convert
    Hi, my name is Adrian and I'm new on this forum. I'm having the worst days of my life and I would appreciate any help, please. I use Logic 8 and have bought a Yamaha sequencer (tenori on), but I have a few problems using them together. I linked Yamaha through midi with my macbook and ran it through Logic 8 as well. What I want is to play in Logic exact tracks recorded by the Yamaha sequencer. Right now the recorded part is playing back in the sequencer instead of playing in Logic. I know it is midi data and cannot play it like it is in Logic. I can still play that part if I asign it an instrument (like sculpture, exs24...). I've been triyng to record by audio, instrument and external midi but still not succeeded.I mean i recorded it but no sound recived when i play it. My question is - is there any possibility to convert midi data to audio and to play them through Logic exactly as they are not through effects or instruments? Otherwise I cannot see the use of external instruments and midi as well. I know it is something I'm missing, maybe some settings or maybe something in Environment. Thanks a lot in advance Adrian
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MIDI to audio.convert
    Hi Adrian, Can you walk us through the process you've used to connect the Tenori on to your mac and the process you've used of creating external MIDI track etc Have you tried bouncing the ext MIDI track in realtime (not offline)? Cheers Rounik
  • kerosen
    hi, thanks for your speedy reply. Ive connected them through midi & audio interface[edirol UM-1ex]. In arrange area I created an external midi track and recorded what i played on Tenori in real time. When i wanted to listen to it in Logic the sound returned to Tenori and no sound in Logic. is that possible with bouncing in realtime? can you give me more details about it,please?.I really dont know how to deal with. Thanks,, Adrian.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the info... Sure, bouncing in realtime can be activated from the File menu bounce function. 1. Choose: File > Bounce... 2. In the bounce window select the type of audio format (choose PCM unless you want to burn to disk or create an mp3). 3. Click on "Realtime" not Offline. 4. Select the start and end points of the bounce & tick "add to audio bin" if you want to use it in the same project as an audio file. 5. Choose a name and folder to bounce to and click OK. Does that work for you? Cheers Rounik
  • kerosen
    thanks, Im going to give it a try. ill let you know soon. thanks again, adrian. p.s.somebody told me that i can do that rcpording by audio track and bounce it.
  • kerosen
    ok. bounced it but still not working .no sound in Logic monitors. that bounced track is now in Bin as audio track[and is called-output 1-2.shouldnt be Input??]. i just dragged that bounced audio track in Arrange area and when i play no sounds at all. maybe i missed something? thanks, adrian.
  • kerosen
    What should I do next with the bounced track in bin?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kerosen the output 1-2 is named so because it records the output 1-2 from Logic. When you record the MIDI data from the tenori on to an ext midi track and play back the track in Logic, can you hear the the tenori's track through Logic? RE: the audio file in the audio bin, drag it onto an empty space in the Arrange. Logic will create a new audio track. If there is any audio on that track you will hear it upon playback. Another way to record the audio out put from the tenori into Logic is to connect the output from the tenori (line out/headphones) into your audio interface. In Logic create an audio track, set it's input to the input of your interface which is connected to the tenori, record enable the audio track and press record. Rounik
  • kerosen
    no i cant hear the track through logic.but i can hear the recorded track through tenori. yes i did that to bounced audio file from bin..but no sound at all.maybe i didnt bounce it correct? i did it as well.but when i record by audio track the quality is very very poor..actually i think is recorded through my laptop microphone .
  • Rounik Admin
    In Logic go to: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio choose your device as the built-in audio line in (not microphone!) connect the line out of your tenori to your mac's line in and you should be up and running. If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to check out the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorials to help you get up to speed with Logic 8: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Oh, I almost forgot, have you tried using the External Instrument on a software instrument track? 1. Create a new soft inst track 2. In the I/O section select External Instrument. 3. Setup the midi destination and input menu (check out p.451... in the Logic Studio and Effects manual). 4. Record your tenori on to the track Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: