macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kerosen
    Re: MIDI to audio.convert
    ok, ive tried with audio,I linked tenori with mac through minijack cable.recorded and not a sound. already got all of logic 8 tutorials which are fantastic. i have a feeling that should work with this audio recording. but im sure i miss something. .im going to check the manual and try with instr.track this time. thanks for everything. ill let you know a bit later. cheers, adrian.
  • kerosen
    Hey Rounik, I DID IT!!! i love you.!! I did it recording by audio track,with that minijack cable which link tenori and mac.just like you told me. it sounds loud and clear in Logic now. the only thing is that I can hear tenori when play because of that minijack cable. but i figured out how to do it.i recorded few layers on tenori with headphones or monitors and then i plug in minijack cable and transfer to Logic. thanks for everything. Adrian.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adrian, Glad you've got it working! Cool. Do look at p.452 of the Logic Studio Instruments and effects manual when you're ready. Enjoy the tenori! Cheers Rounik
  • kerosen
    thanks. will do. one more thing I promise. i was a bit excited.the sound that i recorded on audio is good, loud, but not as clear as the sound comes out of the tenori.is there any settings can help me to improve the quality of sound? when i play tenori in monitors the sound is definetly much better than recorded audio track in logic which is the same but with poor quality. thanks, adrian.
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic's sound engine is extremely good. The factors that can change the sound are the cables you're using, the ouput quality from the tenori and the inputs on your audio interface or your mac. How are you monitoring the audio output from Logic? Through your mac's internal speakers? In which case, monitors will give you better sound quality. Also, the audio interface is a big factor. You can change the sample rate in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio to make it better, though 44.1khz should be fine. Also, try recording 24bit as opposed to 16bit. But the main difference will be the equipment you use to listen to your tracks in Logic IMHO. Cheers Rounik
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Hey guys, thought i'd pipe in on this one. I don't know the tenori all that well, but the reason you're getting a poor quality sound is probably because an output that uses a mini jack is most likely to be a low impedance heaphone out, ie a low level signal not good for recording. To get a good signal you'd have to use a line out, which is most likely to be either RCA or XLR out (i don't know exactly i've actually never seen a tenori but this would be my guess. I could be way off, in that case ignore me). As Rounik said the Logic sound engine is good. People make money off it, so it's definitely not Logic.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: