macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student485607
    Ghost midi
    Hi you All I have a few issues building my rig I have 2 keyboards working as a Organ and 1 Just for piano The sustain pedal for the Piano works but when I play the organ and I want too plat the piano again the sustain is on, when I press the pedal the sustain stops and works normal The Footswitch For the Organ also works, But I have too dubbel klik it, and the lesley sometimes goes to a full stop and it won't react to the pedal and sometimes the lesley will go to fast with out using the pedal Can anyone pleas help Rob
  • Joe A
    Re: Ghost midi
    Hi - I couldn't duplicate most of what you describe when switching between a piano and organ in MS, but there's a setting in the B3 organ and a couple of Preferences that *might* affect pedal behavior.. With the settings in my setup, here's what I get: - When I switch from organ to piano, the pedal is not on until I press it *after* the piano has been selected. This is the same whether I have the pedal up or down when switching instruments. - When I switch from piano to organ the Leslie is not on until I press the pedal *after* the organ has been selected. Again, this is the same whether I have the pedal up or down when switching instruments. This is with the Logic Vintage B3 organ, with the Leslie set to be controlled by SusPdl Temp [in the Rotor Cabinet page], where you have to keep your foot on the sustain pedal to maintain fast Leslie speed. If that setting is on SusPdl Toggle instead, then you have to double-click the pedal to change Leslie speed, maybe that's part of what you're seeing. With SusPdl Toggle the organ will remember the last setting of the Leslie [on or off] when you switch back to it; with SusPdl Temp the B3 will always have the Leslie off [slow speed] when you switch back to it. At least that's how it's working here.. In Preferences > General > Parameter Values, there are two settings, "On Patch Change" and "Respond to Hardware Move", that are set to the default values of "Reset to saved value" and "Jump", respectively. With "Respond to Hardware Move" set to "Pickup" instead of "Jump" I did see the behavior of the sustain being still on when switching to the piano *once*, but then I couldn't duplicate it again.. Though I couldn't [consistently] duplicate the behaviors you described here, you might want to experiment with the options I mentioned [B3 SusPdl options and Parameter Values Preferences], to see if they affect the pedal behavior in your setup. Note: in case the Parameter Values Preferences have any useful effect, apparently you can leave them at their default settings and change those behaviors at the Concert level for a specific Concert by selecting the pedal, and going to Edit> Concert > select pedal > Screen Control Inspector > Attributes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: