Forums
This thread relates to...
MainStage 3 101
Core Training: MainStage 3 Explored
by: Vanacoro
More Info
  • Student494157
    Fix Midi Controller Value in Mainstage
    Hello all, I want to send a controller value with a fixed value to an external device with Mainstage via button. E.g. Button Press=Controller 30 Value 55 It works so far, but it always sends the value 127. Can I set this somewhere? Same problem with controllers: I want to send only the values 1-11 instead of 1-127 for a controller e.g. B on controller 31. is this possible at all? Thanks !
  • Joe A
    Re: Fix Midi Controller Value in Mainstage
    As far as I can tell, the place to set a button's value or controller range is in the Edit page Screen Control Inspector -- it looks like with the control selected and the message defined there's an option to set minimum and maximum values over on the left of the Screen Control Inspector area at the bottom. I'm not a regular MainStage user, so if that's not what you need then I've attached a MainStage course to the thread (above), maybe there'll be something in there that'll help..
  • Student494157
    Thank you very much, that's what im looking for.. But unfortunately I can not see the "cc- Comands" as a keyboard destination ,.. just notes.. Don't know how to upload a screen shot her, bur I hope you know what I mean
  • Joe A
    Hi - Here's a screenshot of the full screen if that helps to locate those settings.. I'm not sure what you mean by 'just notes', but maybe this will clarify a little.. Only the moderator can attach an image here, but perhaps the videos in the attached course will be able to illustrate -- he gets into control mapping in videos 21& 22..
  • Mia white
    hey, i had a similar issue, thank for this response and explanation.
  • Joe A
    MainStage offers a lot of control over the MIDI signals in its setup environment -- it's not always obvious but there's usually a way to do whatever is needed, though it may take a bit of fiddling around to figure it all out.. ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: