macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    MainStage Presets
    Hey guys, Can I take some of the MainStage patches and presets and open them up in Logic? Some of the blends they have are fantastic. For Example: "Universe Returns" synth preset Let me know and thanks as always, Mike London
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MainStage Presets
    Hi Mike I don't know the "Universe returns" synth preset. Is that a preset of an instrument (i.e. ES2, ES1, Sculpture) or a Channel strip setting? Anyway, in answer to your question, Yes you can! In Mainstage, save the channel strip setting or within an instrument save the instrument preset and you will find them in the CS settings or instrument settings menu in Logic. Let me know if you need any more help. Cheers Rounik
  • mikey52
    Hey, Yeah if I go into Mainstage and open a template, let's choose the "Assortment" of different strings, pianos, synth pads, synth leads, etc. On the left hand side of the application, it says Patch List and then underneath are all the different preset combinations. Under the Synthesizer Pads folder is the "Universe Returns". It happens to also be #30 in the list. Now I know how to save each channel strip setting, but what I liked about mainstage was how these "patches" blended 4 channel strips at one time with various reverb and delay levels, as well as the levels of the individual strips themsleves. These are seen on the bottom right side of the screen. So.. can I get these preset blends autormatically in Logic as they are here in Mainstage or do I have to essentially "build them myself" with each saved channel strip? Thanks for the quick reply, Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike OK. I understand. You do have to construct them again yourself. But it shouldn't take a long time. If you like having layered sounds you could build a template from one. Adding delay and reverb to a group of channel strips can be done quickly: - Open the Mixer - drag across multiple channel strips (below the level meter) and insert a send. All the selected channel strips will insert the same send and value when they are all selected. Remember to play more than one soft inst track click on the "record arm" buttons of the desired tracks... alternatively, check out June's edition of the Logic 303: TNT by Steve Horlick (chapters 1-3) on some very cool layering techniques in Logic. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: