macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    MAINSTAGE Grid Resolution
    Hi Rounik, everyone, I have a 13'MacBook version 10.5.6, and I was wondering what GRID RESOLUTION works best with Mainstage using this computer? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MAINSTAGE Grid Resolution
    Hi Jodie, Mainstage suggests 85x64 (good for 12" - 15"). Is that not good for you? Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. What's up? Yeah, that's what I thought I should be using, but when I open a new concert in Mainstage, it defaults at 160 X 100 (good for 21 - 24" widescreen). I should be using 85 X 64, eh? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Heh man. Another question here about grid resolution: What will happen if I build my setup on LAYOUT mode at the highest resolution? Will it now show up on my 13' Mac sometimes? Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, You can start building a new Mainstage template or project at whatever grid resolution you wish. It will change the size of how things look for you. So it depends how good your eyesight is ;-) Try it out and find the setting that suits you. If you are building it on a 13" screen and intend to view it on a 13" screen there should be no problem. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK, I think I got what ya mean. So basically it doesn't really what resolution I use as long as I am using it ONLY with my 13' Mac? Is that right? In that case, I should choose the BIGGEST/WIDEST SCREEN SIZE which would be 160 X 100, right? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, A larger grid resolution on a small screen = objects look smaller, but you can fit more on to the screen. Try it out. Open an existing template and resize the grid resolution... you'll "see" what I mean ;-) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Gotchya:) Thanks. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: