macProVideo.com
Forums
  • shane blyth
    Mainstage Reorder channel strip layout possible?
    I like to keep things layed out the same and organised. The channels strips get a bit out of order sometimes when adding them in u are not always knowing what is coming next. In logic you can simple drag a track and the channel strip moves to that order. It seems there is no way to reorder strips or have I missed something Bill Burgess are you there ? Anyone? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage Reorder channel strip layout possible?
    Hi Shane, I'm not sure that you can reorder channel strips, but you can reorder patches :) Cheers Rounik
  • shane blyth
    Its the channels strips . Thanks anyway
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shane, Yeah, it's a pity it doesn't seem possible to rearrange the order of the Channel Strips. Hopefully Apple will give Mainstage much more functionality in it's next update... I guess one workaround would be to save channel strip settings for all the channel strips and then either copy and paste or load them in the order you want to. Cheers Rounik
  • Bill Burgess
    Hi Shane, It's easy....but undocumented. If you have three virtual instruments in a patch and you want to reorder them do this: Select the fader you want to appear first in your order and press (Command D) -it's in the edit menu under duplicate. Now you have two faders of that instrument. Continue doing this with the other instrument faders in the order you desire. When the mixer has three instruments channel strips with the correct order, delete the out of order duplicates. Your keyboard layers will change order visually as well. It's a good idea to re-listen to these reordered layers before you go buck wild with your whole set, to make certain the patch still sounds and behaves as expected...... All Good bb
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bill, That's a great tip! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: