macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Launching loops in Mainstage
    Heh Rounik, mpv-heads, What's up? I'm still fuddling around with Mainstage, which is soooooooo much fun, and I got another question this time about launching LOOPS in Mainstage: What I did was, I took a Logic software instrument loop of a song that my band made, and I put that into the EXS24, and then triggered the EXS24 via Mainstage. My problem is, I want to trigger that LOOP via my BOSS FS-5U foot switch, but for some reason it isn't being triggered in Mainstage! What I want to do is "not have to" hit a MIDI key to trigger the LOOP b/c the loop is an entire song that can't be stopped once started, so I figured triggering the loop with my foot will be easier, but I can't get the foot switch to synch up with Mainstage. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Re: Launching loops in Mainstage
    Sorry Rounik. It was a software instrument track. It was an AUDIO track that I put into the EXS24. Jodie
  • Jehubyi
    Rounik dude I'm having a bad typing day. It WAS NOT a software instrument track! Jodie DOH!
  • Jehubyi
    Rounik, ya out there on this one? Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie... How have you got the Pedal connected to Logic? From it's manual do you know what MIDI messages it sends? In Mainstage can you setup it's object to correspond with the note you want to play on the keyboard? I'm not near Mainstage now so can't try this out.... Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, What's up dude? I don't have the foot switch connected to Logic. It's connected to the "expression" input section on my MIDI controller. Here is how I have it set up in Mainstage: LAYOUT MODE: Device: EDIROL PCR 1 (EDIROL PCR) Channel: 1 Type: Absolute Number: 11 (Expression) MIDI thru: Edirol PCR-300 Control: Foot Switch EDIT MODE: I have a certain patch selected and within the Screen Control Inspector of that patch I have: - The Boss FS-5U selected. - Parameter Attributes: On: Playing Paramater Mapping: Actions>Play/Stop I can start the song by hitting a key on my MIDI controller and STOP the loop with the foot switch, but I can't get the foot switch to trigger the loop so that I don't have to hit it with my finger. Does that make sense? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, It's a pity I don't have an Expression pedal here to try this out with... Have you tried changing the Type: (in Layout mode) from Absolute to one of the other options? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Yeah, I've tried all the different settings. I can do everything with the foot switch except what I want to do with it which is to just hit the foot switch 1X to trigger the loop, but it ain't working!! Can you try it out for me? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, I don't have a footswitch... so unfortunately, can't try this out :( I'm wondering if there is a way to assign the footswitch to a note so you can control the loop that way? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Phuck me I have no idea what is going wrong! I can stop the loop when I hit the foot switch BUT can't start the loop with the foot switch!!!! I don't think it's possible to assign the footswitch to a note! Can you? Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: