macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Looping via the EXS24 in Mainstage
    Heh Rounik & mpv-heads, How ya doin? I'm pretty excited cuz I just downloaded all 3 of PHISH's most recent shows at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton Virginia for FREE:) Do you know the band Phish? I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge PHISHHEAD:) Ah, my question, right: I was watching a tutorial on youtube about importing loops into the EXS24 within Mainstage, and I wanted to know, HOW DO YOU "LOOP" a loop, that is funny, in Mainstage via the EXS24? I have a loop that is about 3 seconds long, and I want to loop that within Mainstage by only hitting my MIDI controller once for the duration of the song. Does that make sense? Thanks Rounik & mpv-heads:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Looping via the EXS24 in Mainstage
    Hi Jodie, To loop a "loop" in EXS24, you need to turn on "loop" in the exs24 instrument editor but that means you need to turn off "1 shot" Another way to do this would be to load the sample into Ultrabeat's OSC 2 and trigger UB's sequencer to play. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Yeah, I understood that I can turn the "loop" on in the EXS24 edit window, which I did, but when I get that into Mainstage, I still have to keep my finger down on the MIDI key for the duration of the song. When I lift my finger off the MIDI key, the loop stops! Why is that? I'll try UB OSC2 now:) Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, [quote:44659]but when I get that into Mainstage, I still have to keep my finger down on the MIDI key for the duration of the song. When I lift my finger off the MIDI key, the loop stops! Why is that? [/quote] Yup, that's because "one shot" is turned off. In the EXS24 you can have "one shot" and "loop" on at the same time :( If the length of the sample/loop is 10 seconds or less than loading it in OSC2 of UB will work well :) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Are you sure you can have BOTH "one shot" & "loop" on at the SAME TIME within the EXS24? I'm doing that now, and when I click on one-shot, the loop section grays out and doesn't loop! The loop is about 2 seconds long, and I tried importing it into OSC2 of UB, but when I did that, that 2 second loop only played for about 1/2 a second! Man, I'm having a troubling Logic/Mainstage day:( I played around with the MIN/MAX options in OSC2, but the loop only played back for a fraction of the original 2 seconds. I wanna figure the EXS24 thing out first! Helpppppppppppppppp dude:) Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Oops that was a typo... I think I mentioned in a previous post - you [b]can't[/b] have one shot and loop enabled at the same time in the EXS24. RE: Ultrabeat: It's all about Envelopes. If you've got Steve H's fantastic Ultrabeat Unleashed tut check out chapter 14. Basically, select the voice, an select Envelope 4. Drag the sustain point to the deisred length (use the "zoom" and/or A & D buttons if you need to. Also adjust the bezier curves for Attack and decay to create more of a rectangle shape as opposed to a triangle. Cheers :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: