macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Ableton vs Mainstage
    Hi Rounik and mpv-heads, Wow! Long time now chat eh:( I've been so busy playing around with Ableton and Battery 3:) Do you use Battery 3? Anyway, here is my question: What is the main difference between Ableton and Mainstage? I mean, why would I choose to use one of those over the other? Just wondering really:) Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ableton vs Mainstage
    Hi Jodie, Yes, it's been a while. Glad to hear you're enjoying Live! I don't use Battery 3. Is it good? The main differences in my opinion are that Live has a sequencer with a timeline... Mainstage does not and is a way of utilising all of Logic's plugins (and 3rd party ones) for live performance. In Live you can loop regions much like in Logic, but Mainstage can't do that. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Good to hear from you:) How are things? Busy? Thanks for the info. about Ableton and Mainstage. You use Ableton, right? May I ask, why you chose that over Mainstage? Yeah, I just got Battery 3, and it's pretty impressive. I'm not sure if it's better than Ultrabeat, but alot of people I know say Battery 3 is the best! What have you heard? Well, talk soon. Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie Good to hear from you too :) Yes, things have been good busy my end. Sounds like you're really enjoying making music! I'm not an avid Live user, but the reason I'd choose it over Mainstage would be for it's sequencer and easy ability to manipulate loops in real time. But, Mainstage includes all of Logic's plug-ins, which IMHO, are hard to substitute! I've heard that Battery 3 is very good. The best thing now, is you can use Battery 3 and Ultrabeat. Nothing is stopping you using both - or choosing the right tool for the right song! :) ROunik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: