macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Stereovibe
    Mainstage (or Logic) with Motu Ultralite Routing: Help!
    I'm using Mainstage with a MOTU Ultralite Mk. III. I'm routing my guitar in to input 1, my mic in to input 2, a midi foot controller in to the midi-in on the Ultralite, and a midi keyboard via USB. The guitar is going through Guitar Rig 3. I'm trying to get the guitar to come out of analogue output 3, so I can send the signal to an amp, then mic the amp to the PA system. I'm also trying to get the synth to come out of analogue outputs 5 & 6, and the mic to come out of the main outputs. I can't seem to get the outputs to work! I can see the chanels lighting up in the MOTU CueMix FX window, but no sound is coming out of the outputs! Is this a routing problem in Mainstage? Also, is this the best way to set my instruments up? I've previously had all the instruments coming out of the main outs (1 & 2), going straight in to the PA. The problem is that it all sounds muddy, and the guys standing on the mixer can't adjust the individual instruments' balances, as they're all on the same channels! I hope this made sense! Cheers!
  • Zihymua
    Re: Mainstage (or Logic) with Motu Ultralite Routing: Help!
    Best for you tutorial MPV MAINSTAGE 101 and 105 and you will be a Pro with Mainstage AlRobi
  • Stereovibe
    Re: Mainstage (or Logic) with Motu Ultralite Routing: Help!
    Hi there, I've got MainStage 101, and Logic 101, and 105. I have a feeling that the problem is with the MOTU CueMix FX software!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage (or Logic) with Motu...
    Hi stereoVibe, Is the Motu working ok with other apps? e.g. Logic, iTunes, etc? Have you tried checking the monitoring software that comes bundled with the Motu? In Mainstage have you set the Motu as the device? In AudioMIDI Setup (applications/Utilities) is the Motu set as the interface with the relevant outputs? In Mainstage is the Master output channel strip set to the correct outputs for the MOTU? e.g. Outputs 1-2? Cheers Rounik
  • Stereovibe
    Hi Rounik, Yup! Everything is fine, the card is working well. The only issue is getting the guitar to play out of outputs 3 & 4. The more I look in to this, the more I think it has to do with CueMixFX, MOTU's routing software. There must be a way to configure it to route the guitar out of outputs 3 & 4 AFTER processing through MainStage... Any ideas?!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi StereoVibe, I can't test this today but you should be able to do this easily within Mainstage: In the Channel Strips pane (on the right) click on the Output 1-2 section of your Guitar's Channel Strip and from the drop down menu choose the output you wish: [img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2573/settingoutputsinmainsta.png[/img] Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: