macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Riggs
    Logic Pro 9 ... MainStage Channel Settings
    Hi, Anyone know how to recall MainStage channel strip setting menu from within Logic Pro 9 channel strip settings menu... I really like some of MainStages layered pianos, and would like to use them in LLP.. I know there is a key command... Steve Horelick gave it quickly in one of his videos... But I can't seem to find it. Thanks, Riggs
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 9 ... MainStage Cha...
    Hi Riggs, Welcome to the macProVideo forums :) In Mainstage if you click and hold on the 'Settings' rectangle at the top of a channel strip you will see an option to save the channel strip setting. Using the same menu you can also load channel strip settings in Mainstage and Logic. Perhaps the key command you are referring to is to load channel strip settings for other types of CS's? i.e loading an audio channel strip setting on an Aux or Software Instrument channel strip. You can hold down the Option key and click, hold on the Settings rectangle to do this. Thanks Rounik
  • Riggs
    Hey, Rounik Thanks ... I will try the "Save/Load channel strip settings." Riggs
  • MorryNYC
    Not sure why, but if I hold down the Option key and click on the settings box, I do see, Audio, Output, Bus, and Master channel strip settings, and if I go to Audio, all of Logic's presets are there, and garage band, but MainStage's are not there, as they are for Steve in his tutorial TNT 2 (April '09) on the EVD6. Any idea why the MainStage presets would not be available? Thanks in advance for your help. best, M
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Morry, In Mainstage 2.1.2 I can find all my custom saved channel strip settings. Option-click on a channel strip settings button and in Mainstage 2, for some reason, select "Track >" as opposed to "Audio" (which is the way it appears in Logic. Under "Track..." you'll find your audio channel strip settings whether they were created in Mainstage or Logic. :) R
  • MorryNYC
    Rounik, You're such a great resource! Thanks for your help. But I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, and there are no mainstage presets that I can access through Logic. Here's a screen capture, and you'll see I'm accessing all the presets by pressing OPTION, and I have the next menu open, and I see some Garage Band presets, but no Mainstage presets. [img]http://morryc.com/tempstuff/optionSesttings.jpg[/img] Steve just goes here and has all these Mainstage presets, all these other things come up, including a selection called "MainStage Guitar Rigs". I'll include a screen capture of that as well. [img]http://morryc.com/tempstuff/SteveHMainstagePresets.png[/img] The screenshot from the tutorial is from April '19 TNT, at around 4:17 into it. Are these something you have to import to be able to use them? Thanks again for your patience and help. best, M
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Mory, I believe the screenshot from SteveH's tut shows an older version of Mainstage (version1). It's not so important as since Logic 9 and MS 2 share exactly the same channel strip settings... There is no "11 Mainstage Guitar Rigs" or "12 G4 Optimized" folder. Instead, you can find all the same channel strip settings in both Logic 9 and Mainstage 2. Hope that helps Rounik
  • MorryNYC
    Ah, okay. Thanks! best, M
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: