macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pete Hartley
    No sound coming out of Mainstage
    I've got the Motu sound card working to some extent, and can monitor the sound going in to the mac. The level meter is showing the the signal arriving in mainstage, but there is no signal shown in the output fader. I get a message saying "This concert will not produce any audio output until you adjust the master volume". Does this mean the "out" control or is there a hidden master volume somewhere? itunes is playing perfectly well through the soundcard so at least I know that there isn't a problem for sound getting out of the mac. Help much apreciated Pete
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: No sound coming out of Mainsta...
    Hi Pete, It sounds like you've loaded up a Mainstage project using Audio channel strips? in which case to prevent unhelpful feedback the project/template loads with the Master Volume Output channel's level turned right down. In the Channel Strips area (right of interface) scroll to the far right and you'll see the Master Channel. The fader can be dragged up to the desired level. :) Rounik
  • Pete Hartley
    Thanks Rounik I went to a local logic studio, and after about half an hour my friend discovered the missing fader. cheers Pete
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pete, No problem! I did OK then! 23 minutes after you asked the Q ;-) I'd recommend browsing through the Getting Started PDF. The Mainstage 2 101 tutorial is also essential IMHO. (I teach Logic and Mainstage and learned a good few things in this tutorial). But of course, regardless of whether you purchase it or not ask away here and we'll always do our best to help! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: