macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hyxakyu
    Mainstage 2 and Gio
    Can anyone tell me how to map controls on the Gio to Playback in Mainstage2? I must say that I am disappointed so far with the Gio and Mainstage. Both seem buggy to me. Maybe its just me but you would think that the Gio would be pre-mapped in an intuitive way. Am I missing something? Thanks Oscar
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage 2 and Gio
    Hi Oscar, I haven't used the Gio so I couldn't comment on it's integration with MS2. But I suspect you'll need to go the familiar route of creating screen controls in MS2, assigning them to controls on the GIO and assigning to parameters in MS2. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • Finapoe
    Re: Mainstage 2 and Gio
    Yes, I had a booger of a time getting Gio to work in MainStage2. But I finally got it working and was disappionted in the transport settings on the Gio for the PlayBack mode. I would like to see them be customizeable at a minimum. Also the tutorial on MainStage2 by Bill Burgess really just brushes over what I was most interested in. Since I build my backup tracks in Logic Pro 9 and plan to send them to MainStage2 I wish there was more in the tutorial on how to bring in sets of premade audio tracks from LogicPro 9 and then running them hands free using the Gio. For example if I have 10 different backup tracks for 10 different songs, that makes up one set of music, what is the best way to do this so I never have to touch my computer while performing? This is of course using the Gio transport, since I am not using a midi keyboard. Thanks, Van
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: