macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DEVO
    Mainstage 2 Template
    Hi I've watched Mainstage 1 & 2 tutorials, but still need to clarify a few things. Firstly a patch is a song, right? So I can have a channel strip in a patch (song) for vocals, guitar, bass, etc. Then I just change patches (songs) in my live set? Secondly, I like the new templates, but they don't appear to be combned. I basically want the following channel strip set up for each patch (song). 8 channel playback Guitar amp (with pedals) Bass amp Vocals However, the templates only appear to let you either load up and 8 channel playback mixer or a guitar rig, or a vocal rig. Could someone please simply tell me how to set up an 8 channel playback mixer, a guitar rig, a bass rig and a vocal rig. I can set up the playback template and add guitar, bass and vocal channel strips, but the templates appear to have all the gubbins (effects, compressor, etc) in them. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage 2 Template
    Hi Alan, A Patch can be a song.... even a Set can be a song. It all depends on how you choose to setup your Concert and what you need access to . This is one of the beauties of MS: It's highly customizable and can work in the way you wish it to. Are all the vocals, guitar, basses real instruments or Software Instruments? If the former then having them all in the same patch should be fine.... but you may want to explore having some of them at Set Level too and then have some different patches with different guitar presets for example. This would allow singer and bass to continue performing while guitarist switches to different sound... It's not necessary as this can be done al within the same patch. I'm not sure I understand your point about templates. If you open an 8 Channel mixer then you can create patches and create channel strips as desired in the patch and duplicate the patch. The MS1 and 2 tuts do go in to depth on how to set up screen controls and assign them to parameters and MIDI Controls... but although you can take elements from existing templates you'll need to customize them and create your won templates for this. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: