macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drs151
    Sending Bank Changes to Mainstage 2.1 with Trigger Finger
    Hi, I am trying to set up an M-Audio Trigger Finger as my control surface for a Looping set up in MS2.1. I have created several instances of Loopback and mapped the controls successfully. The trouble is I can't figure out how to control each instance of Loopback separately. In other words, when I press a button on the control surface all the instances of Loopback respond. How can I set it up so I can control only one instance of Loopback at a time? I have tried sending Bank change message but nothing seems to happen. Many Thanks for any help with this.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sending Bank Changes to Mainst...
    Hi Koan22 Welcome to the forums :) Have you created separate screen controls for each instance of Loopback and then mapped each screen control to a hardware control? Also check to see if you have all the loopback plugins on the same group. This would play them all in sync. Hope that helps Rounik
  • drs151
    Thank you Rounik for your reply. "Have you created separate screen controls for each instance of Loopback" - Yes I think so. I am working with 2 instances. "then mapped each screen control to a hardware control" - If this is how you activate an individual Loopback instance it must be the part I don't get. Can you describe more about how this is done? In the Core Mainstage 2 tutorial chapter on setting up multiple instances of Loopbacks it mentions about assigning them to "scenes" on a midi keyboard. I guess I'm not clear about how this operation is done on a trigger finger.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Koan22 As the Playback & Loopback plugins work pretty much the same way I used Playback plugins in my example. Do watch the video in the Mainstage 2 101 tutorial on Playabck as well... as the concepts are carried forward to the Loopback video. Can you tell me the exact process you took? For me: - Create 1 button (screen control) per Playback in Layout mode. - In the Edit window select a button and in the Screen Control Inspector choose one of the Playback's Play controls. - Repeat for each button - make sure you assign each screen control to a different Playback/Loopback plugin control. NOT to the same Playback on the same channel strip. - In the Layout, select a screen control and under Hardware Input click learn and trigger the button on your Trigger Finger. - Repeat for other screen controls, mapping them to other Trigger Finger buttons. Hope this helps Rounik p.s. Have you set the Playbacks/Loopbacks to the same Group? This would cause all to triggered simultaneously.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: