macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bayete
    mainstage 2 layer editor
    HI im havinb trouble using the layer editor of main stage 2 when i am editing an external midi instrument ... it seems to work fine for soft synths but not on external midi .... am i doing something wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: mainstage 2 layer editor
    Hi bayete, Welcome to the forums! What are you trying to achieve? What exactly is the problem? I have an issue here in MS2 whereby when selecting the Ext. MIDI channel strip, the Layer Editor is not visible. However, by choosing a SI channel strip the layer editor is visible and can be used to adjust the low and high keys of each layer including the Ext. MIDI instrument. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • bayete
    I am trying to combine two external midi layers in a patch but Main stage is not allowing me to edit the layers with the layer editor in the same way that i edit software instruments. How do i edit the layers of external midi instruments? Can it be done?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi bayete, I see... So I would use this workaround: 1. Create a new empty SI channel strip in that patch. 2. Now use it to adjust the layers for your External MIDI devices. 3. Make sure to bypass or remove the instrument on the SI channel strip. :) Rounik
  • bayete
    That work around sort of works but after i have done this , every time i click on an external instrument layer in the layer editor, the entire layer editor disapears !!! This seems to be a bug since it happens on everyones computer ... Maybe apple needs to make an update where the layer editor is available for external instruments
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes I agree bayete, It seems to be an oversight. I would suggest when using my workaround method, only click on the layers when needed. e.g. click, hold and drag the edge of a layer and when you release the mouse button the Layer editor will disappear... hopefully after you have positioned the layer in the correct position. Of course an update to fix this would be better! Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi bayete, Wow! That was a quick fix from Apple! Mainstage 2.1.1 has been released. Amongst the fixes are that Layer Editor for external MIDI Instruments is now working as it should - I've just tested it successfully. Run software update from your Apple Menu. There are plenty more performance and bug fixes as well. Cheers Rounik
  • bayete
    thanks man .. this is great !!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: