macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Raku Media
    Mainstage count-in
    HI - I've viewed all the videos on Mainstage by Bill Burgess. Excellent work Bill! However, the work around that you gave for using the a "click track" while it works if you have multiple out puts (ie. sending it to 3-4 out) isn't a good solution to those of us that have only a left and right out. Which bring me to the issue at hand. First let me preface that I'm using a Macbook Pro, 6gb Ram, OSX 10.6.2, Mainstage 2.1.1 & Native Instruments Guitar Rig Controller. I've created the screen and mapped everything. Each set is a song with 7 to 8 stems (backing tracks) in Playback at the Set/Song level. Everything is working great except the Count-In! According to the manual the Count-In is supposed to do a metronome count off for 1 bar then quit. Problem is the click keeps on clicking until I click on the Metronome button that I set up on the screen. Now I know I can map (midi learn) my hardware to the Metronome and turn it off that way but it is supposed to work with out doing all that. According to everyone else I've talked with about this issue it seems I'm the only one having this problem. I've been beating my head against the wall for days now so if anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate the advice. Thank you in advance! Thayne
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mainstage count-in
    Hi Thayne, Until I get the chance to see if I can replicate your issue... You can try out Bill's method still: Create an aggregate device (combines your built-in audio interface and your external audio interface) to give you more inputs and outputs! [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] Then in Mainstage choose the aggregate device and you should be good to use the workaround solution. Hope that helps! Rounik
  • Raku Media
    Thanks Rounik! While I am still wondering why the Playback Count-In function does not work as advertised, this will help. Thank you! Thayne
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Thayne! Hopefully I'll get a spare moment to test the Mainstage count-in this weekend... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: