macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Emerson Entertainment
    Using applescript to play pause programs beside iTunes
    Applescript works within mainstage, but it is only working with the scripts already inside the action folder. I have created other Applescripts to play/pause other programs that work inside Applescript editor, but when I put them into the Mainstage Applescript folder inside the Actions folder and map them to a button... nothing works. Any ideas? I have a show coming this week and I really need to figure this out. Thanks for the help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using applescript to play paus...
    Hi So, your own Applescripts work outside of Mainstage but not inside? What application/s are the scripts trying to play/pause? Difficult to say what's going on without seeing the scripts themselves... Rounik
  • Emerson Entertainment
    A Karaoke program called KJams. I was given the correct code to start and stop it. It works outside of Mainstage in Applescript editor, but not within the program. When I introduce a script like the play/pause from outside the mainstage scripts already within the action folder labeled Applescripts it causes all of the scripts to cease working within the program. I haven't figured that out, yet. But when I delete my scripts from the Mainstage script folder the iTunes scripts play again from within Mainstage. I will post the scripts on here. Try mapping a button to an iTunes Applescript and the button should work, then copy it and rename it and put it back in the folder. According to my findings it will stop all the scripts from working. I will be back in a few hours. Thanks!Her's the script: set kScriptCommand_PLAY_PAUSE to 1 set kScriptCommand_STOP to 2 set kScriptCommand_BACK_REWIND to 3 set kScriptCommand_NEXT to 4 set kScriptCommand_VOL_UP to 5 set kScriptCommand_VOL_DOWN to 6 set kScriptCommand_VOL_MUTE to 7 set kScriptCommand_PITCH_UP to 8 set kScriptCommand_PITCH_DOWN to 9 set kScriptCommand_PITCH_NORMAL to 10 set kScriptCommand_SAVE to 11 set kScriptCommand_TEMPO_UP to 12 set kScriptCommand_TEMPO_DOWN to 13 set kScriptCommand_TEMPO_NORMAL to 14 set kScriptCommand_FULL_SCREEN to 15 set kScriptCommand_CAM_POWER to 16 set kScriptCommand_CAM_SHOOT to 17 tell application "kJams Pro" docommand kScriptCommand_PLAY_PAUSE end tell
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Thanks for the info. Will check it out tomorrow when I have time. (I suspect we're in different time zones ;) Browsed very briefly on the KJams website. Could you export from KJams to QuickTime format and play that back in iTunes (as a workaround). Cheers Rounik
  • Emerson Entertainment
    I have made an automator script that will bring KJams to the front goto the next song and pause it until I hit the space bar. It works, but I have to stay in edit mode in order to see the icons at the bottom of the screen. I can use this ,but I would like to figure out the applescripting problem in Mainstage. I will be around all day tomorrow, Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Emerson, Well, interesting. I wasn't able to get your original applescript to work either. To be honest although I've installed the trial of KJams, I don't have a great understanding of it yet. Glad you've found a workaround in the meantime though! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: