macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Quickster
    Pedalboard and GIO
    This may be simple and I'm not getting it. Is there a way to change out a pedal on the fly using pedalboard in MS-2.1> Setup is a MacBook Pro 10.6.2 4gig ram (going to 8 is expensive) with the GIO and the Edirol PCR-300. Thanks to all the MPV'ers for the transition from old school to the future otherwise I'd be back at old school reading the million pages that come with LP8/9. Hard for MPV to keep up with the rapid changes from LP8/MS to LP9/MS2. Right now I'm using NI-GR4 as a plug-in on the channel strip and it's CPU intensive and the FC-300 by Roland (best midi foot controller I've ever used highly recommend) to use the effect pedal. I've done the same with the VG-99 by Roland and it to is CPU intensive. If there is a way i know I'll find the answer here. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for all the help along the way. There is no turning back now! Peace! I've got GAS but am now on empty with funds. )-; [quote:]When the power of love overcomes the power of greed then there will be peace. (Jmi Hendrix interview in Harlem after Woodstock).[/quote]
  • Quickster
    Re: Pedalboard and GIO
    [quote:]When the power of love overcomes the power of greed then there will be peace. (Jmi Hendrix interview in Harlem after Woodstock).[/quote]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pedalboard and GIO
    Hi Quickster, Excuse the late reply. Not sure if I completely understand what you're trying to do... Do you want to be able to add a pedal to the Pedal Board plugin? Well, there's a couple of ways you can do this in Mainstage: 1. Place the pedals on different patches and switch patches. 2. Setup a Pedal Board with ALL the pedals you'll want to use for that patch. Map the Bypasses to your MIDI Controller. 3. Create different channel strip settings with the pedals as desired all arranged in ascending order. Use the key command to switch to the next/previous channel strip setting on the channel strip. Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: