macProVideo.com
Forums
  • abelaguilar
    Re: Yamaha motif xs with MS
    Great thanks I will try this today. I have a UC33 but was trying to avoid carrying more hardware if possible.
  • macvern
    Did this work for you? I'm buying an XF6 today... (My Ozonic FW died last night and I'm thinking of buying the FW16E for the motif to use as an external output for Mainstage (and the Motif) from my MacBook Pro 13. TIA for your help :) V
  • benmusic
    Hiya I've been using Mainstage 2 with my trusty Motif ES7 for about a year now. I've hard to employ some "work-arounds" that may or not have been necessary, but seem to have solved the problems I encountered. [b]Note: I"m connecting via MIDI-OUT to USB on the laptop (Motif USB is dead)[/b] First problem I encountered was being unable to use all 4 sliders...tried many settings on the Motif but never got them to function properly. That's ok since my greater issue was lack of 9 drawbars...Easy solution was to get a Korg Nano and velcro it right above the screen. Gives me plenty of control of whatever parameters I want. (I also have my Macbook with velcro on the left side) Other issue I had was random volume messages being sent to the Laptop from the Master setup, which would reset all the custom fader settings I had set on my Mainstage patches. Solution I used : in Layout create a round knob, choose Number : 7, Type : Absolute, MIDI thru : Do not pass through This prevented any volumes messages being sent from my Motif. I haven't tried the FW16E, but that looks interesting... I have the Motif going into an Alesis Multimix FW, and laptop FW to the Alesis. Lastly, shout out to my favorite organ plugin : VB3 - http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24 Adding MS to my rig had greatly expanded the sense of creativity I have with sounds and stop me from jumping ship to the Nord Stage, which everyone else in town seems to have done...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: