macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Yuri Danka
    Automation
    I'm working in Mainstage with 2 Guitars, 1 Acoustic Guitar and 1 Bass + Playback. I need to automate my guitar effects. Like in determinate part of the song the effect change automaticaly and start a delay in a specific guitar. It's possible automate like that on mainstage? Thanx for helping
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation
    Hi Yuri, As Mainstage 2 doesn't have it's own sequencer you can't automate within the application... but I believe there is a way to use Logic simultaneously for timeline automation of Mainstage events. You'd need to connect MS2 and Logic 9 via IAC and perhaps Rewire... I'd have to check this out in more detail... But the big question is... whether running Logic and Mainstage simultaneously during a Live performance is a good idea... From your question, I wonder if this wouldn't be easier to achieve using a foot pedal. e.g. at a certain point in your song you wish the guitar to have a delay... well, you could connect a MIDI controller or foot pedal and have it control the bypass of the delay effect plugin on the guitar channel strip... this would need to be controlled manually... but the beauty of foot pedals are they can be controlled far from the computer and by any band member if you wish. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: