macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mainstage
    3rd party software instruments in Mainstage
    Hi, I have a few different virtual instruments installed on my MacBook Pro . . B4, Kontakt, others. I'm just beginning to use MainStage and I would like to incorporate these instruments into my setup, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring these instruments into a MainStage setup! Quick pointer anyone? It'd be much appreciated, thanks. Mark
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 3rd party software instruments...
    Hi Mark, Welcome to the forums! You can add, remove or change Instrument plugins in Mainstage the same way as you can in Logic: - Create a Software Instrument Channel Strip. - Click and hold on the Instrument slot under the I/O area of the Channel strip. [img]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7035/screenshot20101113at210.png[/img] - Now navigate down to the bottom of the list where it says "AU Instruments" and you'll find 3rd party instruments listed there. :) Rounik
  • Mainstage
    Yes, I keep looking in that exact same place, but none of them are showing up there. I even reinstalled them to make sure the au driver was present, and still nothing. Any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm ... which version of Mainstage 2? Which version of OSX are you running? Do these plugins appear in Logic?
  • Tbowne
    Re: 3rd party software instruments in Mainstage
    Mark - Know it's 3-years since you posted your question, but I'm wondering if you figured this out? I'm a Main Stage newbie with 3rd party plugins I would like to use via Main Stage. Having difficulty. I find the "AU Instruments" and the plug-ins I've installed, but how do you load specific patches from them into a Main Stage Concert?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: