macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zyfedoi
    Mainstage with Reason?
    I'm an electronic wind player (EWI 4000s) and wondering if I can use Reason with Mainstage. I love the possibility of using tracks with markers from Logic, then bringing those into Mainstage for live performance. However, I need to use these backing tracks with Reason for my EWI sounds. 2nd question for you - I'm not interested in using a MIDI keyboard to control Mainstage. Are there controllers you'd recommend to look at for controlling Mainstage? I'd like something with lots of knobs and sliders to really maximize Mainstage's controller ability. Thanks
  • Zyfedoi
    Re: Mainstage with Reason?
    help? Please!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi EWI, welcome to the forums & excuse the later reply! Yes, you can use rewire to use Reason and Mainstage 2 together. There are quite a few controller surfaces out there. What's your budget and can you describe your needs - how many knobs/sliders you would envisage needing? Thanks R
  • Zyfedoi
    Thanks for your feedback! Well, I don't see the need for a lot of triggering in a live situation (not a DJ). I'll mainly trigger loops brought in from Logic. So, a few sliders would be good for volume control. 8-16 pads for triggering loops/section changes. 4-8 knobs for other functions.
  • Rounik Admin
    In that case, you might want to consider the Akai LPD8 Laptop Pad Controller or Korg NANOKONTROL and Korg nanoPAD. Those are the most cost effective solutions I know about - but if your budget stretches higher then there are plenty more cool controllers to explore! :) R
  • Zyfedoi
    Thanks so much!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: