macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zyfedoi
    Tempo change Parameter (Playback)?
    I'd like to assign one of my knob controls to change the tempo of my backing track. However, I've not been able to find such a parameter....does it exist or how might I set up my controller to adjust tempo in a live setting? Thanks!
  • logicluvva
    Re: Tempo change Parameter (Playba...
    There's a section in the manual called Advanced Tempo Operations. You can use the Tempo Fader in the environment , cabled before the sequencer input. Although for playback alone and no recording you won't need to cable it to anything as it's meta data. This allows you to have a tempo ranging in bpm from 50 to 177.That's 0 on the fader to 127 on the fader. The default is the pitchbend to control this from your midi controller. I am trying myself to implement this so it can have fine tempo deviations ( about 0.7 bpm......up...and then below the baseline tempo set for the majority of the track, that can result in a very human ebb and flow to the full song. All the best.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi logicluvva, I think you're talking about Logic's Environment? Mainstage doesn't have access to Logic's Environment :( Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Sorry to you both. I was just trying to work it out in Logic myself and thought that this thread was well-timed. I will re-post in the appropriate forum. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs!! ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: