macProVideo.com
Forums
  • slotools
    Using TC G Minor for parch selection
    I purchased a G minor and cannot get it to behave correctly with MS2- I need it to select the patch selection duties for backing tracks. It is not scrolling from one selection to another, rather jumping many patches at a time- cannot get it to change this behavior and am out of ideas- any input is appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using TC G Minor for parch selection
    Hi slotools, Welcome to the forums! Can you describe in detail how you've set up the G Minor to control Patch Selection (Next and Previous Patch) in Mainstage 2. Out of interest what exact messages are you sending from the G Minor into MS2? Thanks Rounik
  • slotools
    I am setting up as per the TC manual- select midi ch 1 on G Minor, assign cc#s- I am using 18 and 19 from a video tutorial I saw on utube. I am using a usb connected to a UNO midi device from G minor. Starting out at 1 on the G Minor, I can scroll down with left button, but jumping many patches in between. And the right will just do the opposite. I have 65 backing tracks. hopefully this device will be able to respond correctly with some input from this forum. Appreciate Rounik's help as well.
  • slotools
    anyone??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Excuse the late reply. I don't understand yet how you've mapped the controls from the TC G in Mainstage2. - In Mainstage 2 hit the controls on your TC G and in the Info panel in the Toolbar you should see the MIDI Input coming in. What data do you see exactly? - In the Layout section create 2 new buttons to correspond to Prev/Next Patch (if they are not already there). - Click on the Prev button to select it and either click the Learn button and move the control on your TC G.... or assign the Channel, Type and Number to correspond with what you saw in the MIDI window. Please tell me what settings you chose and please do try both methods. - Click "Learn" again to switch off Learn mode. Repeat the above process for the "Next patch" button. Hopefully this should work fine... Thanks! Rounik
  • slotools
    I just went and purchased an Apogee Gio- Boom! no issues.
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool! Thanks for letting us know. I love Apogee hardware... feels like an extension of a Mac, the way Apple would've designed it and just works well! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: