macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Adam D
    Downloadable concert templates? And too much more!
    Hi, I'm new to mainstage and spend the last few days watching Bill Burgess' video tutorial. Have to say that I was really impressed with his videos. I feel like he is my new friend. (kidding about the new friend part... but his tutorial really rocks!) Gotta say that this whole macProVideo thing is new to me and between Bill's videos and the Logic 101 series, I'm totally sold on this subscription and only wish I had joined up years ago. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a place where one can download pre-constructed templates. Obviously I will want to make my own from scratch one day soon, but I figure looking at how other people construct their templates would be a good thing for me to study. I'm especially interested in a template that would have a multi-trac looper (synced... like a boomerang or a boss can do) and a template that has two real instruments (sent to two different pedal boards and amp designers) and two vocal mics (again with disparate settings)... or better yet, a template that has everything I use on stage (I know, I know... I'll have to build my own :-) but I'm a little intimidated at the moment with all the options and fitting everything on one screen. 2 guitars (played by two musicians at the same time) 2 vocal mics, two axiom keyboards, a multi-trac looper capable of accepting anything I send it AND avoiding anything I DON'T want to send it. I'd like two separate midi foot controllers as well. (using the softstep right now and I see no reason not to have two.) Oh, and then, while I'm dreaming, I think I'd also like to be able to send any mix of the above to a few different sets of in-ear monitors... oh, and I'd like a virtual mixer that could be controlled from an iPad from anywhere in the audience, and i'd like to send it all to the FOH sound guy with a simple stereo pair so all he/she has to do is set the level and can stay the heck out of our business, allowing OUR sound guy to tweak us the way we like to be tweaked and, presumably, avoid the soundman pissing contest. Wow, that feels better. Any suggestions? About any of the above? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Downloadable concert templates? And too much more!
    Hi Adam, Are you using MS2 or MS1? There aren't any commercial templates out there that I've heard of... but the included templates in Mainstage 2 are a great place to start... and there's nothing stopping you from copying and pasting elements from one template into another... ... You have quite a few requirements(!!) Routing from Mainstage is pretty easy to do once you get your head around sending to different Busses (to an Aux channel strip) and then the output of these can be routed to any available output - depending on the number of outputs available on your audio interface. The best I can advise is to explore the guitar & Looper templates in MS2 to help you build your own super custom template :-) You might be interested to check our Hub / Blog for written tips and tutorials. There's a couple on there for Mainstage... here's one that might be of help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/mainstage-2/inear-monitors-mainstage[/url] Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: