macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xeduvay
    In Mainstage 2 Can I control both Keyboards and Guitar Live?
    Have a duo, myself on keys and a guitar player. Recording some drums and bass for backing tracks along with a vocal part or two. Can I control my Sets/Patches for keyboards as well as the guitar patches/settings for leads and comping at the same time in Mainstage 2? I see a templates for Keyboards and templates for Guitar. Can I do both or does he need his own Mainstage 2 rig?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: In Mainstage 2 Can I control both Keyboards and Guitar Live?
    Hi Overdub and welcome to the forums! Yes, you can! On one Mainstage rig you can control the inputs and outputs for as many audio and MIDI channels coming in and going out via your audio interface. First step to building your own templates is to take not of what you want to achieve in a live show and then simply create the channel strips to match your needs - organize them at concert, set and patch level and then in Mainstage's Layout mode start building your desired layout! I'd highly recommend checking out the Mainstage 2 tutorial here too. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Xeduvay
    Thanks Rounik I am hoping to use 2 Apogee Gio's. One for the guitar player to use for amps/patches and mine for hands free song navigation. The videos are great. Best money I have ever spent. RP
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Overdub, Glad to hear you're enjoying the videos!! I think (though I've not had reason to setup more than one MIDI device in Mainstage) you can simply use the built-in the assignment options in Edit and Layout mode. Don't have an Apogee Gio to try this out - it should work alright. Let us know how you get on either way! Am sure others will be interested to know your experiences! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: