macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Adam D
    click track or count off in Mainstage 2 using track?
    I watched most of the Mainstage 2 videos and I seem to remember there was a workaround for a count off or click track for in ear monitors? Wasn't there? I think it is absolutely absurd that apple's count off is audible through the pa to the audience. (Am I missing something?) Anyway, I need a count off and I want it in my in the band's in ear monitors so we can start with the track. (I want the click synced with the track.) And Bill told us how to do that, but I can't seem to find the video. Anybody remember where that was? Or his method? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: click track or count off in Mainstage 2 using track?
    Hey Adam, Check out videos 58 and 59 on building a visual metronome in Mainstage 2... towards the end of the video (with this custom metronome using Ultrabeat) you can route that channels strip to any available output you need. If you definitely don't want a visual metronome, then simply go to Mainstage > Preferences [General] Here you can set the built-in metronome's outputs and the volume. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Pywalou
    Re: click track or count off in Mainstage 2 using track?
    What you need is an interface with multiple outputs. If you don't have multiple outputs then everything including the click is being sent out the same output with no way of separating them. I send only the click out of 1/2 of my digi 003 rack+, synths out of 3/4 and backtracks out of 5/6. The synths and backtracks run to front of house while the click (and whatever else i want) run to the in ear monitors/headphones. The only way you could separate the click/backtracks without having this kind of interface is to pan the click hard left and the backtracks hard right. Then have the left channel go to your headphone amp or in ear monitors and the right channel go to front of house (mono of course, since you will only have one channel)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: