macProVideo.com
Forums
  • russell
    applescript with mainstage 2
    mainstage has itunes applescript that works great for triggering on / off messages. I want to add an applescript that will trigger a midi file player to do the same thing. can this be done and can you make the script to do it? thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: applescript with mainstage 2
    Hi Russell, Welcome to the forums! What is this MIDI File Player you'd like to write the script for?
  • russell
    hey sorry for the delay. Im trying to use midipipe. it works great for playing back all the midi files, just can't get it to trigger. ill use an old sequencer if i have too. like a mc50, but would prefer to just use midipipe or the like. you know?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Russell, I'll have to research this. Give me a little time on this. I believe it should be possible... in fact I believe you should be able to do this without AppleScript too!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Russell, This link to the Apple Discussions might be of help: [url]https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2235623?threadID=2235623&tstart=567[/url] Let me know, Rounik
  • russell
    thank you. ill work on it today and get back with you
  • russell
    no luck with that link. it appears that midipipe should work the way i want, if i can just get that applescript right. the pipe has an applescript trigger, but i need to learn the script language to write it. must be someone out there who can write that. example. how do i look at the itunes applescript that is on mainstage? that it the key to this problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: