macProVideo.com
Forums
  • emilsoundguy
    Backtracks from playback.
    We're using "playback" for backtracks, we use 3 tracks. 1 with the actual backtracks and 2 for click and count in. Sometimes when we're on smaller, wobblier stages it sometimes freezes for a couple of beats and then continues, still in beat. It's some kind of "disc too slow" message. Anyone has any suggestions what to do? /emil
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Backtracks from playback.
    Hi emil, This sounds like your MacBook Pro(?) hard drive is parking the drive when it senses a significant jolt. Try to reduce the impact of the "bump". You can test this out at home by running your Concert in Mainstage and then (carefully!) jolting the MacBook Pro to see if the same thing happens. p.s. - by 'jolting' I don't mean physically banging the computer - just moving it through the air enough to activate the sensor to park the drive and therefore protect it. Let me know if this left field method gives us a clue as to what is going on. Cheers Rounik
  • emilsoundguy
    Your right it's a MBP, and I tried what you said and the same thing happens. Is there a solution? (We have tried putting it on a layer of foam, but it didn't help much.) /emil
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi emil, Cool. So the Sudden Motion Sensor kicking in is the issue. I've not tried this personally, but you can disable (and then re-enable) the SMS using the Terminal (found in Applications/Utilities/) Here's the Apple Support document explaining how to do so: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934[/url] Let me know how you get on. :)
  • emilsoundguy
    It seems to work, I can't recreate the "audio drop outs" when I've disabled the SMS. Thank you so much, we'll try this on our next leg of the tour. I'll let you know how it works! Thanx once again /emil
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad to know it's helped emil! Have a great tour & definitely keep me up to date! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: